Article Image
read

The ContrafabulistsKin Lane and Audrey Watters – monitor predictions that technologists and marketers make about the future of technology. No surprise, most of the predictions are made about AI, a development whose future folks have been predicting incorrectly since the 1950s.

Here are the predictions made this week:

“Baseball Great Jose Canseco Predicts $10,000 Bitcoin By 2018,” says Bitcoin trade publication Coindesk.

Global E-waste To Hit 49.8M Tons By 2018,” Forbes predicts, adding “Here’s What Japan Is Doing To Combat It.”

Via Ars Technica: “The PC BIOS will be killed off by 2020 as Intel plans move to pure UEFI.”

Via The Wall Street Journal: “Volvo Promises Uber Fleet of Self-Driving Taxis by 2019.”

Via Investopedia: “Former GM Exec Says Tesla Will Go Bust by 2019.”

Millennials will comprise 50 percent of the work force by 2020,” Inc. claims, offering “7 Simple Ways to Make Sure Your Company Is Millennial-Friendly” in response.

It’s just a passing comment in the footer of a Wall Street Journal article on global threats to the US: “by 2040, about 70% of Americans are expected to live in the 15 largest states. They will have only 30 senators representing them, while the remaining 30% of Americans will have 70 senators representing them.”

Blog Logo

Audrey Watters


Published

Image

Predictions: The History of the Future

A Contrafabulists Production

Back to Blog